[sf-lug] recommendations on file system

Peters, Ola (MSCIBARRA) Ola.Peters at mscibarra.com
Fri Mar 30 11:37:43 PDT 2007

Has anyone heard from Jim lately?

Thanks,

Ola

-----Original Message-----
From: sf-lug-bounces at linuxmafia.com
[mailto:sf-lug-bounces at linuxmafia.com] On Behalf Of Rick Moen
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 2:52 PM
To: sf-lug at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Re: [sf-lug] recommendations on file system

Quoting Sameer Verma (sverma at sfsu.edu):

> I came across another Ext2 FileSystem driver for Windows:
> http://ext2fsd.sourceforge.net/
> I've been using it for some time now. Seems to work well. Given the
> choice of NTFS and Ext2/3, I decided to go with Ext camp simply
> because we know how it works and its not going to be [potentially]
> held hostage by a third party. Cannot say the same for NTFS.

Probably more likely over the long term to be maintained and debugged,
compared to the Ext2 IFS for Windows implementation I cited earlier,
because it's GNU GPL rather than proprietary.  Good find.  (Duly noted
in my knowledgebase.)

--
Cheers,      "Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the
first