[sf-lug] reminder--sf-lug meeting: colocation

jim stockford jim at well.com
Sat Nov 4 09:29:55 PST 2006

    Tomorrow, Sunday, 11/5, at the Javacat on Geary
at 20th, from 11 AM till 1 PM:
    Paul Lancaster will talk on colocation in general
and ServePath in particular and answer questions.
At the meeting we can arrange a tour of the Spear
Street facility.

    If you're interested in helping SF-LUG by being a
back-up person who may occasionally have to go
to the Spear Street location to work on our machine,
please come to this meeting (or at least let me know
you're interested so I can summarize). Note your
name must be on an approved list to access the
building to work on our machine.
    I have not yet gotten around to building the box,
though plans (thanks to Bobbi, Rick, Nathan, and
others) are fairly well along--partitions, RAID 1 for
most partitions.... What's left to plan is what software
to install (and where/how, I plan to add UseMod wiki)
and security/hardening means (if no one suggests
otherwise, I'll use Bastille and hope for the best). All
my plans are subject to criticism--i'm used to it.