[sf-lug] The zen of recruiting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jul 31 13:06:08 PDT 2006

I wrote:

> OK, I said being moderator of a jobs mailing list is a (minor) pain
> in the ass; this is a small example.  For context, this is (IIRC) my
> _second_ follow-up to professional recruiter Laurie Harper -- who
> could not seem to figure out how to use mailing lists at all (or rather,
> one suspects, isn't bothering to try).

The other shoe did drop, and I really do love this:

1.  Naturally, I got private e-mail from Ms. Harper, calling me names.
2.  She finally _did_ manage to reach the mailing list.  But the great
    part was her Subject header on the job advertisement:  "Please Post"

http://lists.svlug.org/archives/jobs/2006-July/000354.html