[sf-lug] The zen of recruiting

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Jul 28 17:42:18 PDT 2006

OK, I said being moderator of a jobs mailing list is a (minor) pain
in the ass; this is a small example.  For context, this is (IIRC) my
_second_ follow-up to professional recruiter Laurie Harper -- who
could not seem to figure out how to use mailing lists at all (or rather,
one suspects, isn't bothering to try).

I don't expect Joe Blow off the street to have that knowledge: the deal
with Ms. Harper is that it's part of her _job_.  And please note that I
didn't get  impatient with her until she completely ignored my very
brief and specific suggestion to follow the listinfo page directions:
Instead, she wants _me_ to post her jobs listings _for_ her.  WTF?

And there are a few of these situations pretty much _every day_,
expecting you to be their free-of-charge servant, because they're too
f___ing lazy to follow very simple directions and do their own damned jobs.