[sf-lug] Looking for a Senior MySQL administrator in San Francisco

Todd Huss thuss at greatschools.net
Tue Jul 11 17:07:25 PDT 2006

Wow, I had no idea my job posting would generate so much discussion
and speculation. I think you'll find more struggling for-profits or
startups looking to eek every last ounce of work out of their
employees and save every penny than you will non-profits.
GreatSchools is a 40 person family oriented non-profit located in
downtown San Francisco, we're financially stable, we have good
benefits with dental and vision, our employees don't work much
overtime, and we pay salaries competitive with the private sector
here in San Francisco including bonuses and a matching retirement plan.

If you think you might be a good fit by all means please apply and if
you're called in for an interview you can decide if we seem like a
penniless fly by night company looking to work you into the ground or
who knows, maybe you'll find that we're a great company to work for!

In any case, thanks for the interesting posts, especially the
recommendation that we should move to Portland which was generously
provided pro-bono!

-Todd