[sf-lug] Looking for a Senior MySQL administrator in San Francisco

Sarah Mei sarahmei at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 18:57:37 PDT 2006

I've done quite a bit of nonprofit tech consulting, and my experience
has been very different from Adrien's.  Nonprofits of 2-3 people, ok,
many of them are on the last fiber of a shoestring when it comes to
tech -- but once they reach the 40-employee stage, they know the
difference between good tech help and bad, and are willing to pay
appropriately for the former.

I thought the post was reasonable.  There are lots of people out there
who enjoy a bit of database management, a bit of programming, a bit of
deployment management, a bit of sys admining...and even a bit of
project management.  They tend to become consultants ;-).  But you
never know when life changes will make you crave a regular salary and
flextime...

Sarah