[sf-lug] (Tech) Developers responsibility...Saga continues

Sarah Mei sarahmei at gmail.com
Sun Jun 25 00:28:39 PDT 2006

On 6/24/06, Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre at deirdre.net> wrote:
> I went to an interview for a rails job, which is a framework with
> better-than-average testing integration. None of the other developers
> were doing test-driven development or even development with tests
> after the fact.

Heh!  I'm at RailsConf this weekend, and there was a keynote on
testing in which the speaker assumed that no one had ever even glanced
at the (several nested directories full of) test stubs that Rails
generates when you create classes.

It was probably at least 80% true.  Rails is still a highly cowboy
culture, up to and including its creator.  :)

Sarah