[sf-lug] Consumer & admin (was: Possibly interesting data point on jobs postings)

Sarah Mei sarahmei at gmail.com
Tue May 16 20:29:51 PDT 2006

> _Fully_ automated?  You don't get that on MS-Windows, either -- nor
> would you want it, I think.

Actually, it can be fully automated without so much as a confirmation
dialog, if you want, on Windows 2000 and later, I believe.  Would I
personally want it so?  No, but I set it up that way on all my
relatives' computers.  :-)

> Why don't you just try your luck with one or two of the desktop
> distributions, and see for yourself?  It's much more meaningful and
> useful than prolonged tire-kicking via mailing list threads.

Sure.  Well, my question's been answered: modern distributions by and
large all have some approximation of this feature.  The last time I
installed Linux, lo these many years ago, this was not the case.

And lastly, while I appreciate your input, if you don't find this
discussion about a specific feature of Linux meaningful or useful, you
always have the option of just not participating.

Sarah