[sf-lug] meeting monday night, 6:00 at javacat

Sarah Mei sarahmei at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 21:59:17 PDT 2006

I had a great time at the meeting.  Since I work part time and from
home, it's nice to get out and do tech talk once in a while.  :)

My goal by the next meeting is to do an install on an ailing box I
have that's currently running win2k.  (Something's wrong with the
video and it needs an OS reinstall of some sort.)  It's a newish
decently powerful dev machine built from components, and it sounds
like Ubuntu includes some modules for less standard hardware.  My box
seems to qualify.  So I'm going to give that a shot.  I bought one of
Jim's CDs.

Anyway, I appreciate the warm welcome, and the falafel was good, so
I'll be back for the next one. :)

Sarah