[sf-lug] last night's Drive of the Penguins

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Wed Apr 12 14:15:21 PDT 2006

Rick Moen wrote:

[snipped]

>The main way I've always learned about Linux was doing and saying dumb
>things and learning from them -- including destroying my entire system
>with one badly chosen root-user command.

you mean like read mail - real fast (rm -rf) ;-)

>If you're so afraid of being
>wrong, or of looking ignorant or foolish as to be timid about it, you're
>actually _much_ more likely to be and remain that way.
>
>Go forth and blunder.

Indeed. Its not like you have limited chances of reinstalling the OS,
before you have to call this *dreaded company* and get approval, because
you re-installed a little too many times for *their* liking and comfort.

>>jim is my hero.
>>

>He da' MAN.

Thanks to all those who showed up and got the ball rolling. I apologize
for not being there. As much as I wanted to be there, I got stuck in
traffic on 101 and given the rain and hellish traffic, its a miracle I
made it back in one piece...saw more than my fair share of accidents and
near misses.

Anyway, will plan on being there next time.

cheers,
Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.