[sf-lug] [new-sfwow] (jobs) This is interesting....

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Apr 12 11:04:42 PDT 2006

Quoting Adrien Lamothe (alamozzz at yahoo.com):

> The big problem I'm seeing right now with employers is their lack of
> understanding of skill sets.

I am shocked! shocked! to hear about such things.  ;->

> A typical job listing these days wants someone who is an expert
> systems programmer in Windows, Linux, Java, C++ along with other
> stuff. They don't understand that no self-respecting Java developer
> would be caught dead coding in C++ (and vice-versa). Ditto for Windows
> and Linux.

Astute point.

I also love the ads that want "15 years' experience with Java", a
language invented in 1994.

--
Cheers,     "Learning Java has been a slow and tortuous process for me.  Every
Rick Moen   few minutes, I start screaming 'No, you fools!' and have to go