[sf-lug] Fwd: [new-sfwow] (event) Free nonprofit event on remixing web technologies for social change this Tuesday at Varnish

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 7 15:33:30 PDT 2006

This event sounds interesting. I know Jim, it conflicts with the SFSU gig. But, it happens every month. Maybe next month.

Susan Tenby <susan at compumentor.org> wrote:  To: <new-sfwow at yahoogroups.com>
From: "Susan Tenby" <susan at compumentor.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 15:07:13 -0700
Subject: [new-sfwow] (event) Free nonprofit event on remixing web technologies for social change this Tuesday at Varnish

        Hey WOWSers,

  CompuMentor, the organization I work for, has a new project I think
  you'll find interesting and important. Netsquared
  http://www.netsquared.org is helping nonprofits extend the reach and
  impact of their mission by leveraging web-based tools like blogging,
  podcasting, video logs and lots of others.

  The group, a mix of nonprofit innovators, private software-developers
  and local advocates of social change, get together on the second Tuesday
  of the month at 6pm @ Varnish in San Francisco to discuss their progress
  and challenges-I thought you might be interested in checking it out.

  The next event is on April 11th, at 6pm, at Varnish Art Gallery on 77
  Natoma (between 1st & 2nd). Zack Rosen of CivicSpace, Tara Hunt of
  Riya.com and HorsePigCow and Adam Frey of WikiSpaces will give short
  presentations and answer questions about community engagement and
  community tools.

  Have you been to Varnish? It's a good spot-art, a bar, and the
  NetSquared folks bring food.
  http://www.netsquared.org/participate/net-tuesday

  It'd be great to see you there.

  -Susan

  ~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  Susan Tenby, Online Community Manager, TechSoup.org.
  CompuMentor
  435 Brannan Street, Suite 100, San Francisco, CA 94107-1234
  Voice: 415.633.9333
  Fax: 415.512.9629
  Email: susan at compumentor.org
  http://www.compumentor.org <http://www.compumentor.org/>
  http://www.techsoup.org <http://www.techsoup.org/>

    Always start subject with one of: (community) (discussion) (event) (intro) (job) (tech)
  More info: http://www.sfwow.org/pages/join/listfaq.html#post
  Need Help? Mailto:listmom at sfwow.org or http://www.sfwow.org/pages/join/listfaq.html

                                                        Computer internet security                                          Computer internet business                                          Computer internet access                                                                          Computer internet privacy securities                                          Computer internet help                                          Computer internet connection