[friday-follies] Anyone up for a Proposition Party?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Oct 25 06:36:44 PDT 2016

Quoting Jan Parcel (karylj at gmail.com):

> Sorry.

OK, then, fair enough.

> The distinction was gray for me because the conclusions (for both
> you and Warren, who may have been on a different thread) were published,
> albeit as tentative, with "yes" or "no" which are usually NOT the
> conclusions at the start of the party, and often not at the end either,
> though people do state personal views (in the form of "so I consider
> argument A to have heavier weight than ​argument B"

You really should have stopped at 'Sorry'.

My periodic ballot analysis Web pages are not Proposition
Parties, predatinge my awareness of the latter by a decade.  Nor are my
periodic ballot analysis Web pages synonymous with this mailing list.
Which leads back to my point, which is:

I took umbrage to your 'Since others are sending their recommendations
ahead of time...' justifying a (supposed) return volley:  I had
pointedly _not_ posted (any) personal political views to this, or any other,
mailing list, considering such conduct unacceptable self-indulgence, and
resented your misrepresentation.

If you truly cannot, on a mailing list, distinguish my posting 'Here's
the URL where I've already collected information (that also mentions how
I'll be voting and why)' from your shoving a personal advocacy editorial,
uninvited, onto all mailing list subscribers, you have my sympathy.  But
no, Jan, those two are actually not the same thing at all.