[friday-follies] Anyone up for a Proposition Party?

Jan P karylj at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 15:59:45 PDT 2016

I can't come Nov 6, it's my granddaughter's birthday party.

Normally, we don't take sides on these things, but rather just try to
understand them.  However, this year, since others are sending their
recommendations ahead of time, I will too:

I am  BEGGING people to vote NO on 56 because it ALSO taxes quitting
smoking, and their idea of "equivalent" $$ is based on very flawed
advertizing from Chinese vendors (who claim 1 ecig is equivalent to a pack,
which it is NOT) which means that, day-per-day, smoking will be cheaper
than vaping.

I will bring materials when we meet, but wanted y'all to be aware.  Even if
a huge tax on 40% of the poor population and 15% of the rest of the
population was a good idea, I consider adding vaping in to be a fatal flaw
in the proposition.  Let them try again with vaping left out, and I'd still
vote against it if it's so high (because of poor people) but I wouldn't
actively campaign against it.  So far I have $200 and ab out 30 hours labor
in the NO on 56 effort from vapers (separate from the Big Tobacco anti
effort.)