[dvlug] dvlug Promotion

Robert Wall robertlikesturtles at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 21:41:52 PDT 2009

Hi everyone!

I just got back from the Community Leadership Summit, where I attended a
cool session by Irene Koehler of http://www.almostsavvy.com/ about
community use of Social Media. She had a couple of suggestions for
establishing Twitter and Facebook presences:

* For Twitter, there's http://cotweet.com/ , which allows multiple
people to post to one Twitter account. I'm not sure if it just posts to
Twitter or can post to identi.ca and other sites too, but it's worth a
look.

* Also, rather than a Facebook "Group", she recommended making a
Facebook "Page". They're a relatively-new Facebook feature that she says
is better for 1) pulling content from other places (e.g. Twitter) via
RSS, 2) multiple people submitting content, so that'd definitely be
something to look into. There's more information, including info on how
Pages and Groups differ, at http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=905

If no one has any objections, I'll go ahead and create a Twitter account
and Facebook Page in the next week.

~ Robert

--
Robert Wall <robertlikesturtles at gmail.com>