[conspire] 1:2.1.29-1+deb10u5? Re: upgrade-in-place to Mailman 2.1.30 and want to test Mailman3?

Michael Paoli michael.paoli at berkeley.edu
Sat Mar 2 12:21:09 PST 2024

The one key difference of relevance, at least that I can easily spot,
between 2.1.29 and 2.1.30 is:
there is now a dmarc_moderation_addresses
list setting that can be used to apply dmarc_moderation_action to mail
From: addresses listed or matching listed regexps. This can be used
to modify mail to addresses that don't accept external mail From:
themselves.
See: https://launchpad.net/mailman/2.1/2.1.30
Also, if we look at # of downloads, I'd guess a whole lot fewer folks
have used or are using 2.1.30 compared to 2.1.29
by almost 9:1 ratio (466 downloads for 2.1.30 vs. 4100 for 2.1.29). In
fact 2.1.34 and 2.1.39 are the only versions after 2.1.29 having >1000
downloads (with 2760 and 3054, respectively).