[conspire] A sharp knife is safer than a dull knife.

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Tue Oct 17 13:30:41 PDT 2023

On Tue, 17 Oct 2023 02:46:09 +0000 (UTC)
"paulz at ieee.org" <paulz at ieee.org> wrote:

>  There is a "detail".  No amount of reviews will tell you if the
> handle will be comfortable in your hand.

I might end up with a preference for Japanese knives for this reason.  I
have some Japanese pens, and they are designed to be so well balanced
that they rest on a finger at the exact marking in the center point
where the cap connects.  I've noticed there's something of a beauty in
some high end things which come from Japan.

However, the steel in razors from Germany is shocking..

I have a specialty restaurant supply place I've been to once.  I hope
they would let me handle some examples so I could pick a brand.  This
sort of thing is worth that adventure since it's an heirloom purchase,
as mentioned upthread.