[conspire] A sharp knife is safer than a dull knife.

BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Mon Oct 16 02:43:54 PDT 2023

Syeed Ali wrote on 2023-10-16 02:34:

> I happen to prefer the most terrible knives

I too prefer cheap knives that feel good in the hand - balance & grip,
plus full-tang is important.

Then, I enjoy using a variety of sharpening stones and a steel to finish
on a fairly regular basis. Kind of a hobby that I'm not very good at.

I used to then run against a leather strop with some polishing compound,
but have misplaced the strop.

Not that I'm particularly good at it; I tend to make blades duller
before they get better, but the process is therapeutic in some way, and
I like the sense of accomplishment when done.

That's just me though.

rb