[conspire] on Louis Rossmann (was: On HP printers)

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Wed Dec 27 19:29:05 PST 2023

On Wed, 27 Dec 2023 02:53:23 -0800
Ron / BCLUG <admin at bclug.ca> wrote:

> Weirdly, he's recently part of a group that's released an app for
> viewing your favourite content creators across various media
> platforms. Ad free (but you have to pay for the app).
>
> Which is kinda getting close to enabling piracy it seemed (assuming I
> recall correctly and the commentary I read about it is true).
>
> While his opinions on YouTube et al have merit, this one is quite odd
> and I'm not sure how or why he became involved in it.

I saw a video earlier today where he talks about his side-job where he
is working with a venture capitalist of some sort who is interested in
technology and freedom and has been involved with various tech
projects.  I only recall some sort of side-involvement with minds.com
but can't remember the details at all.  I'm betting that app is
associated with those sorts of endeavors.

Chromium is missing a history feature that actually works, so I can't
find the video.  :/

Thanks for the reference, I'll have to check out that app eventually:

https://grayjay.app/
https://gitlab.futo.org/videostreaming/grayjay