[conspire] (forw) Re: look at this - I got this in a contract with the medical insurance for my trip

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Sep 10 15:30:33 PDT 2022

Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 15:29:37 -0700
From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
To: [a friend]
Subject: Re: look at this - I got this in a contract with the medical
	insurance for my trip

Quoting [my friend];

> https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout

Worth knowing about, but:

Major point:  There are better, more-systemic, tools for stopping
trackers, Javascript-based and otherwise.  Good, open-source ones
maintained by communities not heavily in conflict of interest.

Minor point:  Seriously?  I'm going to install a black-box proprietary
extension into my browser to deal with a privacy breach caused by a
corporation, where the black-box proprietary extension is from that same
corporation?  Fox, meet henhouse.

----- End forwarded message -----