[conspire] (forw) Re: look at this - I got this in a contract with the medical insurance for my trip

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Mon Sep 12 11:23:09 PDT 2022

begin Rick Moen quotation of Sat, Sep 10, 2022 at 03:30:33PM -0700:

> Major point:  There are better, more-systemic, tools for stopping
> trackers, Javascript-based and otherwise.  Good, open-source ones
> maintained by communities not heavily in conflict of interest.

If you are using the Google Chrome browser (which may be required for
compatbility reasons, remember MSIE 6?) there are a couple of
important settings to check.

First is turn off the new, in-browser advertising auction features:

  https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-to-opt-out-of-google-chromes-privacy-sandbox-floc-trials/

Second is turn off third-party cookies:

  https://typeagroup.createsend.com/campaigns/reports/viewCampaign.aspx?d=d&c=FC142680CDB9311A&ID=1DA362476A8E77162540EF23F30FEDED&temp=False&tx=0&source=Report

(I don't use this browser enough to recommend privacy extensions, but
there's probably a good recommended set somewhere.)

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
https://blog.zgp.org/