[conspire] fetchmail, oauth2 and disposable free email services

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sun Jun 19 13:02:39 PDT 2022

There are scripts to add oauth2 dysfunctionality to fetchmail

http://mmogilvi.users.sourceforge.net/software/oauthbearer.html

sooner or later fetchmail will support oauth2 natively (good read)

https://gitlab.com/fetchmail/fetchmail/-/blob/next/README.OAUTH2

or you could switch to getmail

https://www.bytereef.org/howto/oauth2/getmail.html

I've started to receive fetchmail auth failure but I'm not terribly in a
hurry to solve the problem.

Meanwhile I'd like to find a provider of disposable email addresses that
gives a minimum of anonymity (eg. doesn't require your phone number).

I collected several gmail accounts before google started to require a
phone number.

Any advice or alternative route?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo