[conspire] Addyi and alcohol

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Sat Aug 13 17:35:04 PDT 2022

I mentioned the hilarity with male testing of a drug being used to
enhance female orgasm.  I decided to look it up because it was a little
too hilarious to be factual.

It turns out to be somewhat wrong.  It is presented as a treatment of
HSDD in woman and it explicitly warns away from alcohol consumption
with a risk of syncope (passing out).

I didn't go looking for male testing, although that wouldn't surprise
me because apparently the drug had failed approval once.  That makes me
wonder if it was tested properly the first time, failed, then tested
improperly on the second pass.

The drug is Flibanserin (Addyi)
https://addyi.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flibanserin