[conspire] CA.US COVID-19 booster shots widely available for adults as of 2021-11-18

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Fri Nov 19 13:47:37 PST 2021

 My guess is that Pfizer and Moderna are quite similar so mixing should be just fine.  I think the officials in DC and Atlanta had actual data supporting this.
I was curious about mixing Pfizer and J&J.  They have totally different mechanisms so maybe create 2 lines of defense.   After a few weeks of waiting to see if there was any data about this combo, I decided to go for my booster.  Since I had originally had Pfizer, that's the line I was put in.
The county clinic allowed walk-ins for first vaccinations, but required appointments for boosters.

When the vaccines were first distributed, there was a supply limitation so they had to throttle the process.

Today the FDA and CDC decided that all adults can go for a booster some months after their original jabs.  IMHO this decision was based on vaccines being available and wanting to simplify rules that some people found confusing.

    On Friday, November 19, 2021, 10:30:18 AM PST, Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:

 Michael Paoli writes:
> FYI for those in California re. COVID-19 booster shot,
> as of this morning (2021-11-18) https://myturn.ca.gov/ shows most adults
> as eligible*

I've learned so much COVID info on this list ... Has anybody seen
anything yet suggesting any advantage for getting a booster of the
"other" vaccine, e.g. getting a Pfizer booster if you got Modernas
the first time, or vice versa?

Aside from https://xkcd.com/2422/ , of course.

        ...Akkana (probably wouldn't be a good Smyrna ruler anyway)