[conspire] In which I need to copyedit better

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 25 11:50:57 PDT 2020

I wrote:

> Here in the US, reflexive trust of vaccines took a big hit when
> President Ford rushed out a virus for the then-feared 'swine flu'
                              ^^^^^

Should have been 'vaccine'.

> The other thing I wanted to mention is that it's pretty much universally
> acknowledged that the Feb. 2019 _measles_ outbreak in Metro Manila and
> nearby parts of the islands was fallout from the Dengvaxia scandal
> causing such widespread paranoia among Filipino parents about vaccine
> safety the the country had only 74% measles vaccine coverage at the time
> of the outbreak.  (About 95% coverage is required to prevent outbreaks,
> on account of the measles vaccine's extremely high infectivity.)
                            ^^^^^^^

Should have been 'virus'.

That's what I get for posting to mailing lists without full attention,
and without double-checking before posting.

My apologies to anyone puzzled by the effect of my motor to my fingers
working great but the clutch to my brain slipping.