[conspire] Correction

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Wed Mar 25 09:26:42 PDT 2020

 While we are correcting math misconceptions, the word "decimate" has been widely used in recent years and the original meaning greatly distorted.   Decimate has the same root word as "decimal".

Decimation was a draconian punishment of a unit in the Roman army.  1 out of 10 solders in the unit was executed.   Details at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimation_(Roman_army)
In any event Covid19 will kill a lot of people, but no way of knowing if it will be 1 in 10 or some other fraction.