[conspire] Correction

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Mar 25 01:07:06 PDT 2020

Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):

> Taking it down a notch?
> It is your list and you are entitled to be as shrill as you wish, but you
> might consider
> a more gentle tone.

<hat="listadmin">

Righty-oh.  This is now official, for the next 90 seconds or so.

1.  Take it down a notch.
2.  Also cool it with sending wild or poorly sourced, provocative claims
copied off the Internet:  This mailing list, like all others on
linuxmafia.com, is not your personal Snopes substitute.  We are not
unpaid debunkers of random Net bullshit at your convenience.

So:  Misbehave further, and your postings will be subjected to a two-week
period of adult supervision.  That is the gentle version of the hammer tap.

3.  This is not a discussion.

If you would prefer to run a mailing list some different way, I can lend
install media for your choice of Linux or BSD distribution.  You can
then, as burger-slingers say, Have It Your Way.  Otherwise, Have a Nice
Day, Friend Citizen.

</hat>

I keep being gobsmacked by people not grasping that I mean what I say.