[conspire] Correction

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 24 17:33:14 PDT 2020

Quoting Texx (texxgadget at gmail.com):

> I will take Ricks word for it on the CA lockdown.  I was under the
> understanding that the CA order was a mirror or the bay area and ended
> same.  Again I will take Ricks word for it that this is not the case.

Not necessary to take my or _anyone's_ word.  Gov. Newsom's order was
immediately posted to the public Web and remains there.
https://covid19.ca.gov/img/Executive-Order-N-33-20.pdf
(It took me, just now, about ten seconds of Web-searching to find that.)

> Regarding the math thing, there are parts ofd the world that we are looking
> at a geometric rise fast that will decimate some portions of the world.

Not geometric.  _Exponential_.

> I was going to give CA the benefit of the doubt that we MIGHT escape
> such a rapid rise.  That has changed in the last couple hrs.

Again, to make the same point I've already made several times to you, the
available data are insufficient to such a conclusion.  You keep citing
reported confirmed case figures as if they were a reasonable guide to
reality, but we know they are not, for multiple proven reasons.  They
are at best a rough _trailing_ indicator about part of what happened a
week or so ago.  And the reasons why they reveal only _part_ of what
happened a while ago is ongoing restrictions on, and general
unavailability of, testing.

Texx, please stop blithering.

During the bubonic plague outbreak of 1665, Isaac Newton went home (from
Cambridge) to his rustic house, sat in his garden, drank a lot of
tea[1], and worked out the laws of universal gravitation.  Why don't
you take inspiration from Sir Isaac, detach yourself from nearly
meaningless statistics and clickbait news trivia, and at least work
through an online Python course?

> Im giving up.

Terrific.  While you're giving up, try an online Python course.

Or sit at home and concentrate on becoming an uncarved rock.

--
Cheers,                            "Rand Paul being patient zero for a Senate
Rick Moen                          viral outbreak is a sign of a writers' room