[conspire] Federales in Portland?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jul 22 12:53:33 PDT 2020

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> The city of Portland is not to be trusted.

Frankly, you don't get to have a veto over the citizens of that city.
It's called 'democracy'.  Perhaps you've heard of it.

> > The dishonest _National Review_
>
> No but the Atlantic is honest and a centerlist rag...

I just now showed where an _National Review_ author outright lied.
I could show you endless other examples.

You, in your complaining about _The Atlantic_, cherry-picked a passing
opinion phrase in what was explicitly an opinion article in the opinion
section, claimed it was dishonest _news_ reporting (whereas, being
someone's opinion it was neither news nor dishonest), and showed no sign
of having even the faintest idea what you were talking about.

> And the BBC is also lieing about the violence.

I have no opinion about current BBC coverage of the matter.

> Despite your rush to judge, I will wait to see how this plays out in the
> courts.

I hope the courts are still functioning, when this finally grinds
through.  Your tiny lot are in a rush to destroy the entire rule of law,
so I have diminished confidence that that can happen.

However, that aside, it's utterly dishonest of you to act as if it's
impossible to know if the current action is Constitutional until court
cases play out.  Civics, you know?  You've heard of it?  Y'know, like,
read the goddamned Constitution, while it's still relevant.

Don't just cover your eyes with your hands and say 'La-la-la.  Gosh, we
can't know until the courts decide.'  Bullhockey.

> In your opinion.

No, _not_ in my opinion.  Read the freakin' Constitution.  It's not
actually difficult.