[conspire] Update for BALE

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jan 25 15:49:45 PST 2020

Quoting tom r lopes (tomrlopes at gmail.com):

> Yes, the Berkeley Pi Meeting is an ongoing thing.
>
> First Sunday of the month at Cafe Blue Door, 2244 Bancroft Ave Berkeley 11
> am to 2 pm.

And just like that, Berkeley Pi Meeting now has an ongoing presence on
BALE.  Group description is here:
http://linuxmafia.com/bale/#berkeleypi

And of course the monthly events themselves are shown in the calendar
portion of BALE near the top of http://linuxmafia.com/bale/ .

It really would be a nice idea if you were to create a page explaining
to the public some basic information about Berkeley Pi Meeting at some
fixed location on the Web -- like, e.g.,
https://berkeleylug.com/BerkeleyPi/ on BerkeleyLUG's WordPress site
would do nicely.  Something BALE can point to saying 'Here, this is
Berkeley Pi Meeting's home on the Web.'

Lacking such a place at the moment, I've taken the liberty, in the Group
description paragraph on BALE, of directing the public's attention to
what you just wrote on Conspire, via this pipermail link:
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/conspire/2020-January/010087.html

> I usually post the notice on the BerkeleyLUG mailing list early in the week
> of the next meeting.  Sometimes we will have a meeting off schedule and
> those I have called "One Off Pi Day"  For example March 14th 3.14 ( aka the
> number Π) is a Saturday and there will likely be an event then.

Will this be in addition to the regular date, March 1st, or instead of?

I have tentatively (because you said 'likely) added the Saturday, March
14th one-off Pi Day to the BALE schedule, in addition to the one on
Sunday, March 1st.

--
Cheers,                     "It’s still magic even if you know how it’s done."
Rick Moen                           -- Terry Pratchett, _A Hat Full of Sky_
rick at linuxmafia.com
McQ! (4x80)