[conspire] Ruby, Python, Swift, and Languages

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Feb 15 18:15:50 PST 2020

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> I was absolutely thinking of Django, as well as flask.  There were
> other attempts (like "web.py" or whatever it was called) but the
> boomer rush of 2009 or so has settled down into a few big players as
> usually happens.

web.py is still around, still fast, still spare, and IMO still interesting.
Aaron Swartz created it as the basic engine for Reddit.
https://webpy.org/

--
Cheers,                     "Why doesn't anyone invite copyeditors to parties,
Rick Moen                   when we're such cool people out with whom to hang?"