[conspire] When to get a covid test, brains, and a weird case, and a cardiology vs. immunology joke

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 7 03:57:02 PDT 2020

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> Rick is incorrect  on this issue.

What Rick said about New Zealand is demonstrably, objectively true.

I'm disappointed in you claiming otherwise.  Shame on you.

> This virus is spread world wide and case after case where they thought
> they had it containted, it became uncontained.

New Zealand started its serious responses in mid-March (because they
lacked the 2 1/2 months of dire warnings that the Toddler ignored in his
Presidential Daily Briefs, and had to respond to the crisis after it was
expanding towards disaster in NZ).  The first NZ case was confirmed at
the end of February.

They took the totally obvious measures I mention.  The outbreak peaked
in early April, when there were 89 new cases recorded each day -- and
then started a steep decline.  By the beginning of May, the infecion was
almost gone and, e.g., crowds at sporting events were permitted again.
The last few cases continued until June 9th, when the final case was
pronounced cured.  All told, a bit over 1500 cases have been confirmed
or strongly suspected, and 22 people have died.

> His example of New Zealand is conviently in the middle of
> the Pacific Ocean on an Island and they are desperatly waiting for a
> vaccine before the virus escapes containment there.

They have, unlike the USA, well-tested and rational responses for if the
virus escapes containment.  After all, they already fixed the problem
once.  The same methods could be rationally expected to work again, if
needed.

it's now two months since the last case was cured, and no renewed
pandemic is there.  Moreover, there has been _not a single case_.
Zero.