[conspire] When to get a covid test, brains, and a weird case, and a cardiology vs. immunology joke

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 7 01:59:48 PDT 2020

Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):

> Yes, they really did contain SARS-CoV-2; stop using the racist asshat name for it.

Without objection, I'll just mention again that this was _not_ anything
alleged by the Shanghai-based authors of the May paper in _The Lancet_,
as Ruben appeared to suggest.

> They did it by starting in MID-JANUARY.

Remarkably, the -=beginning=- of January is when the President's
Daily Brief started having urgent warnings warning that what was then
called the 'novel coronavirus' posed a great threat to the USA's
economic and political systems, that it was already spreading around the
globe, and that China's downplaying of the virus's transmissibility and
death toll should not be believed.  These PDB warnings were repeated
over a dozen times in January and February.

Of course, the Toddler didn't read that, because he doesn't read
anything, but dozens of other people in his adminstration did, so
basically he has lied flagrantly when he said he had no idea there was a
problem and that the Beijing government was dissembling.  The Toddler
lied, because he pretty much always does.

  A White House spokesman disputed the characterization that Trump was
  slow to respond to the virus threat. “President Trump rose to fight
  this crisis head-on by taking early, aggressive historic action to
  protect the health, wealth and well-being of the American people,”
  said spokesman Hogan Gidley. “We will get through this difficult time
  and defeat this virus because of his decisive leadership.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/presidents-intelligence-briefing-book-repeatedly-cited-virus-threat/2020/04/27/ca66949a-8885-11ea-ac8a-fe9b8088e101_story.html

A shameless lie, from someone who'll be able to put on his resume 'Paid
to shamelessly lie for the Toddler.  Did a workmanlike job.'

And the greater shame:  We could have lead the world, instead of
either sheepishly looking over at New Zealand and saying 'Oops!', or
worse, reciting the 'docs' mantra the way Ruben does and pretending
like competence is never an option.

> We waited for it to double 60 times before lifting a finger, then
> we’re still barely lifting a finger, then der fuhrer said “it is what
> it is.”

The Axios interview was such a hideous debacle that the Toddler
immediately retreated to Fox, and probably will remain there.