[conspire] Let's look at fluview

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Thu Apr 30 13:17:29 PDT 2020

 My high school civics teacher was an outspoken anti-communist.  We studied the Constitution.  It really isn't very long, but it might take more than one sitting to absorb it.
A few years back I was perplexed with the Tea Party people.  I saw more than one public demonstration where someone held up a pamphlet and said, "We must protect the Constitution."    The way they said it gave me the impression that they had not actually opened and read the document they were praising.

The Tenth Amendment would appear to be a problem for the Toddler granting immunity to the meat packing plant that violated state rules on worker health and safety.
BTW, the class was the total opposite of the echo chambers we find today.  Although the teacher had nothing nice to say about Moscow, he did have a subscription to Pravda.  Copies were in the room and we were encouraged to read them.  It's important to know what your opponent is thinking and saying.  I think I actually took a copy home once or twice.