[conspire] My kid survived the plague?

Texx texxgadget at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 20:51:07 PDT 2020

For the majority, this thing is just a real crappy week.
Its the 20% of the cases that require medical help.
Its also appearing that out of the 80%, theres a subset that had almost no
symptoms at all.

Until we have tested the population to find out how many have already had
it, we have no way of knowing how far through the tunnel we are.
Ive been scraping the covid tracking project daily and plotting curves.
Im also plotting case by percent of state population.

Because of the under testing, not one state has shown even 1% of their
population has tested positive.
Odds are, we are further along through this tunnel than we think, but
theres no way to really do the right thing without testing every one of the
350 million people in the country several times.
Unfortunately, some bean counters are screaming that "it costs too much".

Among the BS being thrown about, there are fragments of truth and even the
deadbeat in chief has actually said a few truths in certain contects.

Over the past month and a half, my mind has changed on certain things.
Probably the most embarassing thing was in wondering why we were testing
people who so obviously had it.

The only thing Im certain of is this:
We probably will never get it right.  The damage is done and I cant see
things getting back on track.
Perhaps some improvement, but getting us all the way right?  No.

The other thing Im certain of is this:
If the economy is still trashed in Nov, we have a chance to get rid of the
Trumps.

If Biden wins, he has 3 years to get the economy back online or we go right
back into the hands of the Republicans.

Part of the economy, Biden will be able to fix.  The rest of it, I dont
think ANYONE can.
Biden is likely a single term pres.

As long as its legal to publish fiction and pass it off as "NEWS" we have
the possibility of Trump coming back in 2024 for his second bite
at the apple.
We really need a Truth in Advertising precedent where Faux has to either be
factual or stop calling it news.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 7:05 PM Elise Scher <elise.scher01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> My daughter Rebecca may have had a relatively mild case of the
> Coronavirus. She is 18 and attends Northeastern University in Boston. She
> is over it now. She was never tested. But she had a fever for a few days. I
> have not seen Rebecca for quite a few weeks. Her classes are online now.
> Northeastern kicked the students out of the dorms. Rebecca asked if she
> could go home with her friend Rotem to the Ithaca, NY area. I said ok. So
> Rotem's parents came to Boston and picked up Rotem and Rebecca, and took
> them home. They are all still there.
>
> Elise Scher

R "Texx" Woodworth
Sysadmin, E-Postmaster, IT Molewhacker
"Face down, 9 edge 1st, roadkill on the information superdata highway..."