[conspire] (forw) Raw Bandwidth and other competitive Internet access providers need your help at the FCC today!

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Sep 5 20:21:00 PDT 2018

Dear Commissioners:

Competent Internet service in my area (the San Francisco Peninsula) has
relied critically for over two decades on the level playing field for
CLECs and ILECs required by the Telecommunications Act of 1996.  The
monopolistic power that would be enabled in my area (as, I gather, in
many others) by granting this forbearance petition would be devastating
to both my chosen ISP and all of the many other CLECs using regulated
telco facilities (which in my ISP's case are Ethernet over copper
services, very modest space in the telco central offices, shared use of
the customer wire-pairs, and small number of fiber interconnects).
Without regulation of pricing of that natural monopoly, there would
essentially be no business opportunity for CLECs at all, which is
greatly not in the taxpayers' interest.

I strongly urge denial of this petition.

Rick Moen
1105 Altschul Avenue
Menlo Park, CA 94025
(650) 283-7902 mobile