[conspire] Tomorrow is CABAL day; also, Menlo Park movie series

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Sep 7 13:39:47 PDT 2018

My calendar tells me tomorrow (Saturday) is the second Saturday in
September, so it'll be a CABAL day, encore un fois.

:r! cal

   September 2018
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
                   1
 2  3  4  5  6  7  8
 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30

We'll still be enjoying the fine outdoor weather _with_ use of
the wood-burning chiminea to stay toasty warm, as it's been
remaining warm enough until midnight but I want everyone to be
reliably happy and comfortable.

I have fresh sourdough bread for garlic bread, and probably meat for
grilling, and we'll see what else.

In other news, the city of Menlo Park has an outdoor summer free movie
series, on Fridays just after sundown, whose last three are coming up,
starting _tonight_, to close out the year:

o  Friday evening, Sept. 7th (_today_) 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi',
   outdoors at Burgess Park.  Burgess is the grassy park housing the
   civic centre and library, just east of the CalTrain tracks from
   downtown.  http://www.menlopark.org/Calendar.aspx?EID=4461

o  Friday evening, Sept. 14th, 'Paddington 2', likewise at Burgess Park.
   http://www.menlopark.org/Calendar.aspx?EID=4462

o  Friday evening, Sept. 21st, 'Coco', Kelly Park.  Kelly Park is just
   east of US-101 ('Belle Haven') and best approached (if in car) from
   Bayfront Expressway.  http://www.menlopark.org/Calendar.aspx?EID=4463

For those who haven't yet seen 'Coco', consider making time to see this
family-friendly but surprisingly effective 2017 Pixar flick, which is
an utterly _visually gorgeous_ fantasy based on Mexican Día de los
Muertos tradition.  And, as they say on the city Web pages, you're
advised to bring a chair, a _blanket_, and some snacks.  (I usually
bring some fresh-made popcorn from home to share.)

(I don't think Paddington 2 has anything for me, nor would any other
ursine railroad terminals, but maybe it's your cuppa.)