[conspire] Elise's Ubuntu startup problem

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 4 14:41:20 PDT 2018

I believe Elise is going to post her (> 1MB) image on one of the many
free image hosting sites, such as https://imgur.com/ .  Be advised,
trying to send attachments to mailing lists usually won't work, and is
frowned upon even if you slide under the posting-size limits.

So, Tip #1:  Sites like Imgur are your friend if you want mailing list
subscribers to see an image file.  (Web-search 'free image hosting' to
find such sites.  Post URLs, not inline big attachments.

Tip #2:  If tempted to include a long text file inline, don't.  That's
what places like https://pastebin.com/ are for.  Again, post URLs, not
inline big attachments.

These netiquette tips will help y'all everywhere, not just here.