[conspire] CPU power draw and heat

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Dec 12 01:33:43 PST 2018

I've hosted the photo at https://pix.sfly.com/kv3_en , rather than
letting it through as a file attachment.

Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2018 08:58:13 +0000
From: Nick Moffitt <nick at zork.net>
To: conspire at linuxmafia.com
Subject: Re: [conspire] CPU power draw and heat

While I'm on a kick watching talks and interviews with old Acorn folks, here's a great screenshot of Intel processor power density from a talk by Sophie Wilson.  She designed the instruction set for the original ARM, and seems to be doing high-throughput CPU designs for networking equipment these days.

Here's the talk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9mzmvhwMqw

(Apologies for the filename: my screenshot script uses `shuf -n 4 /usr/share/dict/words` to make the filenames, which probably wasn't clever)