[conspire] [Gimp-user] PNG troubles

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Aug 11 08:02:19 PDT 2018

Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):

> For the life of me I can't understand how you conclude that the PNG
> format doesn't include specifics for decoding.

That's entirely true:  You don't understand how I conclude that the PNG
specification doesn't include the zlib compression spec.

(Noted in passing:  Even if it did, there's no evidence that, as you
allege, there's a problem in the PNG specification.  You were tripped up by
an implementaton bug in a zlib code release quite a few years ago, that
you used at that time to create some of your files.)

> And I don't really care

Apparently.

> Deal with the part where you are being insulting first and only then can
> we discuss the second part.

Entitlement issue: check.