[conspire] [Gimp-user] PNG troubles

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Sat Aug 11 05:21:55 PDT 2018

On Fri, Aug 10, 2018 at 06:03:52PM -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
> > http://libpng.org/pub/png/spec/1.2/PNG-Compression.html
>
> ...which in no way dictates how to do zlib compression.  It's exactly as
> I said: How to do zlib compression is specified -- as I said -- in
> RFC-1950.  How to do de-compression is stated in RFC-1951.

For the life of me I can't understand how you conclude that the PNG
format doesn't include specifics for decoding.  And I don't really care
how you are coming to the misunderstanding because you are being
insulting.

> No.  Pay attention:

No, I won't.  I already wrote an implimentation and I understand how the
parts are related.  You are working under the misconception.  But most
of all, I won't respond to being spoken to like this.

> How do do zlib compression isn't specified in the
> PNG specs:  The PNG specs refer readers to zlib's specs in the RFCs.
> It's _right there_, sir.  This should not be difficult.

I would help corrct your misnderstanding here, but it is impossible to
discuss this with you without being abused... and so I chose not to.

> > This is a bit insulting and is not true.
>
> if you are alleging factual inaccuracy on my part,

Deal with the part where you are being insulting first and only then can
we discuss the second part.

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com