[conspire] sous vide question.

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Thu Oct 26 03:30:46 PDT 2017

On 10/26/2017 05:56 AM, Paul Zander wrote:
> The concept is to use a crock pot with the the heater outside the vessel holding the water and a lid that reduces heat loss through the top.
>

> I would think that after an hour or so, the temperature distribution will be rather stable. There will be a temperature gradient between the outside of the pot and the water inside.  There is probably an offset between the temperature of the sensor and the temperature of the food.

The gradient *may* be from top to bottom. I said "may" because I
witnessed those gradients with a different setup than a pot.

> The parameters of the control loop have been adjusted according to the location of the sensor: outside the pot vs. inside the pot.
>
> Given the above, why would I need to do anything at 0400?

Re-position the food.

If there is no appreciable temperature gradient you don't need to
reposition the food, but if there is and you've a recipe that requires
6h cooking, repositioning the food won't be that fun.

But you really have to implement it and check. I'm more optimist than
what it seems.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it http://www.borgonovo.net