[conspire] sous vide question.

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Wed Oct 25 20:56:42 PDT 2017

The concept is to use a crock pot with the the heater outside the vessel holding the water and a lid that reduces heat loss through the top.

I would think that after an hour or so, the temperature distribution will be rather stable. There will be a temperature gradient between the outside of the pot and the water inside.  There is probably an offset between the temperature of the sensor and the temperature of the food.

The parameters of the control loop have been adjusted according to the location of the sensor: outside the pot vs. inside the pot.

Given the above, why would I need to do anything at 0400?

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it>

>> * Re-position the food a couple of times during the first half-hour, or until temperature seems to be stable.

This is not going to work... unless you want to wake up at 4:00am ;)