[conspire] (forw) Re: Wine club release events

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 24 07:35:04 PDT 2016

Quoting Ross Bernheim (rossbernheim at gmail.com):

> Another installment in the joys of outsourcing. One of the problems with
> outsourcing is that the company that you outsource to has less incentive
> to look after your interests than you do. (They are only in it for the money.)

No fooling.  It's been amazing to see how often outsourced Internet
hosting companies completely screw up basic, easy things (likw DNS).
I guess their working hypothesis is that, if you're their customer, you
don't know enough to detect the incompetence, and aren't smart enough to
go elsewhere.

FWIW, I just heard back from Jeff Emery, proprietor of Santa Cruz
Mountain Winery.  He's going to pursue that bug report with Constant
Contact, _and_ he's soon going to move sideways to Mailchimp (which, if
you need to outsource mailing list operations, is reportedly quite
good).