[conspire] bank doesn't like Iceweasel

Paul Zander paulz at ieee.org
Tue Aug 30 19:19:29 PDT 2016

Well, I found a different solution.
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade iceweasel
Reboot the computer, partly for other reasons.
The Iceweasel icon now looks like a gear.
Open it and the browser window has an orange and blue circle in the upper left corner.The top of the window says, "Mozilla Firefox"
Help>>About Firefox  says Firefox ESR 45.3.0 along with a big Firefox logo.
My bank will let me log in.  But it goes to a page saying I need to allow scripts.
That despite having set No Script to allow bankname.com
Disabling No Script to not block scripts makes the bank happy.
So I don't need to spoof the browser for the bank.