[conspire] Where's Paul Zander?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 24 09:40:53 PDT 2015

Quoting Paul Zander (paulz at ieee.org):

> Yet again, I will miss the festivities in Menlo Park.  The 4th weekend
> of June every year, I participate in the annual Amateur Radio Field
> Day.
>
> I will be in what is normally an empty field overlooking 280 near
> Rancho San Antonio Park.  You are most welcome to stop by any time on
> Saturday.  There will even be a station set up especially for
> non-licensed people to get on the air (GOTA).
>
> Find a map at
>
>  http://www.arrl.org/field-day-locator
>
> Enter K6YA for call sign.  The same website will also show other
> stations all over the country, even New York.

It's a fun event, and I second Paul's suggestion of dropping by to visit
him and the other ham operators.  Of course, I am likely to do so
_before_ 4pm.

If using ARRL's Web site to find Paul's Field Day location, _do_
follow his advice of entering 'K6YA' to disambiguate locations, because
it turns out there's a second Field Day location nearby, likewise near
Rancho San Antonio Park and I-280.

Paul, if you find yourself wrapping up early, you are of course welcome
to join us in Menlo Park right up until midnight.