[conspire] Another motherboard was _not_ burned out today

Scott DuBois rhcom.linux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 09:36:21 PST 2015

On Sat, Feb 21, 2015 at 04:33:37PM -0800, Rick Moen wrote:
> I have a recurring desire to replace the Intel N440BX 'Nightshade'
> PII-based motherboard in my antique VA Research StartX MP workstation
> case with something cutting-edge, partly for laughs.  If I do, you can
> bet I'll replace the 200mm (or whatever) case fan, and the PSU.

Second to spending money on as much RAM as a mobo is capable of holding, a good
quality PSU is important (I think) others may disagree.

Fans? Good ones, but I haven't shopped for fans in a while. This case I have now
came with 4 which is really overkill for my usage.

http://www.amazon.com/Antec-Nine-Hundred-Black-Computer/dp/B000I5JHB0

I'm considering ditching it for something quieter as just the air movement is
too noisy but it was "cool" when I bought it; now I think it's stupid as all
those fans suck in a lot of crap into the case.

--
Scott DuBois           "If you can't explain it simply, you
BSIT/SE	                don't understand it well enough."