[conspire] systemd

Ruben Safir ruben at mrbrklyn.com
Tue Feb 17 13:08:36 PST 2015

On 02/17/2015 03:37 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Ruben Safir (ruben at mrbrklyn.com):
>
>> http://www.softpanorama.org/Commercial_linuxes/Startup_and_shutdown/systemd.shtml
>
> My mother wasn't Internet-savvy enough to dispense the advice 'Rick, never
> just post bare URLs to mailing lists or newsgroups, because it makes you
> look like either a spammer or a short-attention-span kiddie who thinks
> his time is too precious to explain _why_ something is interesting --
> and in either case then ignored.'  But that's the sort of wise thing Mom
> _would_ have said.

Ah - there would be one more reason, not to be disrespectful of your
Mom, a wonderful women as can be seen from the results of her efforts.

Sometimes, I might post a URL without comment because I want to allow
someone to experience that article or information without filtering it
through my commentary and opinions.  It is stronger if someone reads
something and becomes educated on a topic on their own.

Somethings can stand on their own two feet.

>> systemd is in the news again
>>
>> http://news.slashdot.org/story/15/02/15/1959209/removing-libsystemd0-from-a-live-running-debian-system
>
> See, now there you _almost_ bother to mention why the URL is worth the
> visit.  Go, Ruben!  That was almost useful.
>
> I have faith that you can learn clue, Ruben.  It's part of my general
> wackily naive optimism about progress and the ability of Joe User to
> eventually learn something -- despite frequrent reminders that nobody
> bothers to pay attention.
>

> Anyway:
>
> 1.  Slashdot?  Really?

Really.