[conspire] Screenshot mentality

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon May 20 13:07:35 PDT 2013

Quoting Carl Myers (cmyers at cmyers.org):

> As others pointed out, requesting the screenshot makes sense in some
> contexts (GUIs not rendering properly, etc).

I knew I could trust my fellow computerists to find basically irrelevant
edge cases and burble about them.  Never fails.

> I think the main reason this happens is because users are trained by
> bad support people that they won't be trusted.

Yes, I know.

I assume you're aware that you're addressing the coauthor of 'How to Ask
Questions the Smart Way'.

In this case, the absurdity lay in the fact that I'd already provided
raw data, but was in essence told that only a bitmapped picture of that
same raw data would suffice.