[conspire] Screenshot mentality

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Mon May 20 14:33:57 PDT 2013

On Mon, May 20, 2013, at 01:07 PM, Rick Moen wrote:
> Quoting Carl Myers (cmyers at cmyers.org):
>
> > As others pointed out, requesting the screenshot makes sense in some
> > contexts (GUIs not rendering properly, etc).
>
> I knew I could trust my fellow computerists to find basically irrelevant
> edge cases and burble about them.  Never fails.

Well, actually, most of the time the screenshots *are* irrelevant. On
the other hand, as Carl said, sometimes it's nice to have a quick glance
that there is a problem, especially in the cases where the problem is
articulated poorly (as so often happens).

> In this case, the absurdity lay in the fact that I'd already provided
> raw data, but was in essence told that only a bitmapped picture of that
> same raw data would suffice.

Which: I've seen. Frequently see. I shake my head every time.

Deirdre